Selling a Business In New York or New Jersey
Business owners put their blood, sweat, and tears into making their businesses profitable. For many, the business is their largest asset. However, just because you successfully managed your small business or medium-sized business in New York or New Jersey does not mean that you will be able to manage the complex and nuanced negotiations required to monetize its true value.
So, if you are considering selling a small business or medium-sized in New York or New Jersey, you should enlist the services of experienced professionals to guide you through the process including a tax accountant, insurance broker, and, most importantly, an experienced business attorney like Russo Law LLC.
Should I Hire a Lawyer to Sell My Business?
Whether you are selling an e-commerce, brick-and-mortar, franchise, or a consulting business, Russo Law LLC is pleased to offer the following services to help you sell a small business or medium-sized business New York or New Jersey without breaking the bank:
- Negotiating and drafting a non-disclosure agreement so the parties can comfortably participate in due diligence.
- Negotiating and drafting a term sheet or a letter of intent.
- Assisting in due diligence as you work to determine the purchase price.
- Negotiating and drafting all contracts needed to close the deal including:
- Stock Purchase Agreements
- Asset Purchase Agreements
- Purchase and Sale Agreements
- Assignment and Assumption Agreements (typically if a lease of real property is being assigned)
- Transition, consulting and employment agreements.
- Restrictive Covenants (non-competes, non-solicitation, non-circumvention)
- Promissory Notes, Guaranties, Security Agreements (if you will be financing some of the purchase price through the seller)
- Bills of Sale
- Corporate Resolutions/Written Consents Approving the Sale
- Bulk Sale Documentation in New York or New Jersey
- Helping wind down or dissolve your corporation or limited liability company after the sale closes.
- Seller in stock sale of data management company in New York
- Seller in stock sale of financial research company in New York
- Seller in asset sale purchase of a pest control franchise businesses in New York and New Jersey
- Seller in asset sale of retail shipping, printing, and business service franchise in Bergen County, New Jersey.
- Seller in sale of membership interests in a beer brewing company in New York
- Seller in sale of membership interests in a physical therapy practice to partner in New Jersey