Buying or Selling a Business In New York or New Jersey
Buying a New York or New Jersey business or acquiring its assets is an exciting opportunity. There are many reasons why buying an existing business in New York or New Jersey might be preferable to starting a new business, such as reduced start-up costs and time, acquiring an existing customer base, and pre-existing knowledge of how the business performs.
And for the business owner who built their business or the investor who backed the venture at the early stages, it is an incredibly important time to capitalize on all of their hard work.
But getting the deal closed can be a daunting task. How the purchase is structured (stock purchase, asset purchase or, or a merger) can have significant consequences from both a tax and liability perspective.
So, if you are considering buying or selling a business in New York or New Jersey, you should enlist the services of experienced professionals to guide you through the process especially a tax accountant, insurance broker, and, most importantly, an experienced mergers and acquisitions attorney like Russo Law LLC.
Mergers & Acquisitions Services
Whether you are acquiring an e-commerce, brick-and-mortar, franchise, or a consulting business, Russo Law LLC is pleased to offer the following services to help you buy or sell a business of any size in New York or New Jersey:
- Negotiating and drafting a non-disclosure agreement so the parties can comfortably participate in due diligence.
- Negotiating and drafting a term sheet or a letter of intent.
- Assisting in due diligence as you work to determine the purchase price.
- Negotiating and drafting all contracts needed to close the deal including:
- Stock Purchase Agreements
- Asset Purchase Agreements
- Purchase and Sale Agreements
- Assignment and Assumption Agreements (typically if a lease of real property is being assigned)
- Restrictive Covenants (non-competes, non-solicitation, non-circumvention)
- Promissory Notes, Guaranties, Security Agreements (if you will be financing some of the purchase price through the seller)
- Bills of Sale
- Corporate Resolutions
- Unanimous Written Consents
- Bulk Sale Documentation in New York or New Jersey
Russo Law also helps sellers wind down the business after an asset sale.
- Purchaser in stock purchase of pyrotechnic company in New Jersey
- Purchaser in acquisition of interests in a fruit delivery franchise in Central New Jersey
- Purchaser in acquisition of co-owner’s interests in a student housing business in Hudson County, New Jersey
- Purchaser in connection with the sale of a restaurant
- Purchaser in acquisition of membership interests in a moving company in New York
- Seller in the sale of a retail, shipping, printing service franchise in Bergen County, New Jersey
- Seller in the asset purchase of a pest control franchise business in New York and New Jersey
- Seller in the sale of an interest of a brewing company in New York
- Seller in the sale of a physical therapy practice in New Jersey
- Seller in an asset sale of novelty gifts business in New York